Here we are again, update five, and I’m beginning to think this president can’t open his mouth without legions of lies falling out! OK, I take that back. I’m not beginning to think it. I’ve thought it all along.
Here’s a couple off the top of my head.
- Today he said “who knew that health care could be so complicated.” Oh, really? I did think you knew that, or maybe that’s not a lie, it’s just ignorance? If so, you can’t ask us to believe you’re some great businessperson and in the next breath claim ignorance about the sector that takes up so much of the American economy. So let’s call it a lie. Link.
- Over the weekend, the Democrats elected a new committee chairperson, Tom Perez. Bernie Sanders favored Keith Ellison, who was also running for the post. So the Donald insists that this election was rigged, folks. Without providing a shred of evidence. No evidence? Then you’re lying, Trumpinocchio! Here’s the link.
And the best fib of the week:
- Trump claimed Sweden had apparently suffered a terrorist attack, when they did not. Link here.
Back next week!
A day late but not a dollar short. Speaking of dollars, since Trump is a self-described billionaire, shouldn’t he be able to afford a tie clip? Or billions of them? In gold, even? I’d say ditch the scotch tape, there are better ways to hold that tie in place there, bub.
But I digress. It’s been quite a week for Trump Lie Land, so let’s start with the:
- nonexistent terrorist attack in Sweden. In Sweden! Totally made up. Bizarre, even for the Trump. (links to all below).
- Repeated the lie about winning the electoral college in a landslide. He was fact-checked by a reporter, and (this is significant) the Liar-in-Chief backed down. Speaking truth to power is a winning strategy.
- He lied when he said there had been a “smooth rollout of the travel ban” – unless you consider multiple lawsuits blocking his executive order a smooth rollout.
- He continues to lie about the U.S. murder rate, which is at a 45 year low. He says the opposite of that.
Here is a link. And another link. See you next week in Trump Lie Land.
So yeah, it’s really, really hard to keep up with these. This week, I’m including lies told by his minions, so we expand the lying level to it’s logical extension. And, of course, these are all Trump’s lies as well, unless he specifically pushes back against them. As they say, the fish stinks from the head, and he is definitely the head of this Train Ride to Hell.
Just a sampling. I’m including the link down below.
- Trump said his rich friends could not borrow money because of Dodd-Frank. Seriously?
- The January employment report, which shows job gains in December. Before Trump was President. And he took credit for those gains, which is absurd.
- Trump said Sanctuary Cities breed crime, when stats show the opposite is true.
- Press Secretary Spicer said that current protests against the Trump regime are fake, i.e. paid protesters and they are not grass roots. Lie. If this is true can I please have my check? I need it yesterday and I’ve already been in at least 4 anti-Trump demos.
- Trump said the murder rate is the highest it’s been in 47 years. This is a lie, the murder rate in the US has been falling since the 1980s.
Here’s the entire list.
I expect that next week we’ll be reporting that Michael Flynn has resigned as National Security Advisor. Of course that will be a lie, he will have been fired.
It is difficult keeping up with the lies from Trump. I’m so happy that for some people it’s a full time job, so these are easy to find and document. The week (January 29 – February 4) included these gems:
- Heinous lie of omission: Not mentioning Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- He lied about the executive order banning Muslims and said it was not meant as a “ban” – yet it was.
- He said this executive order was “working out nicely” when it was actually causing pandemonium at airports around the world, and consternation in the world’s capitals
- His surrogates said that this “ban” was meant to keep out terrorists from countries which have a history of sending “bad” people here, yet none of those 7 countries have sent us terrorists – unlike other countries not on the list, like Saudi Arabia.
- He said he had a cordial discussion with the Prime Minister of Australia when in fact he berated him for a previous refugee arrangement the US made with Australia and ended the call abruptly and early.
Here’s the link to these, with video and transcript. Hardly can wait to see what Week 3 brings!
I thought I’d do a regular feature on this, like a weekly update on the new president’s ongoing penchant for basically, lying about much of everything.
It may not be enough to do it once a week, but that’s all I have time to do. Hopefully, this will serve as a sort of record for me so I can focus my activism.
Since neither you nor I like things that are just asserted without any proof, I will list the source of where I got the lying information. Then you can make up your own mind whether to take it seriously or discount it. And I know there will be people who will – but I hope, dear reader, that you are not one of those who puts stock in liars.
This week – Jan 20 – 27: Trump lied about the crowd size at his inauguration. He lied to the CIA about who started his feud with intelligence agencies. Perhaps biggest of all, he lied about the fact that he lost the popular vote in the November election. He asserts that 3-5 million illegal voters voted (all for Hillary Clinton! imagine that) which is a demonstrably false lie.
Here’s the link: Up is Down (Wrap up on Trump’s lies for the week)
See you next week.