It is difficult keeping up with the lies from Trump. I’m so happy that for some people it’s a full time job, so these are easy to find and document. The week (January 29 – February 4) included these gems:
- Heinous lie of omission: Not mentioning Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- He lied about the executive order banning Muslims and said it was not meant as a “ban” – yet it was.
- He said this executive order was “working out nicely” when it was actually causing pandemonium at airports around the world, and consternation in the world’s capitals
- His surrogates said that this “ban” was meant to keep out terrorists from countries which have a history of sending “bad” people here, yet none of those 7 countries have sent us terrorists – unlike other countries not on the list, like Saudi Arabia.
- He said he had a cordial discussion with the Prime Minister of Australia when in fact he berated him for a previous refugee arrangement the US made with Australia and ended the call abruptly and early.
Here’s the link to these, with video and transcript. Hardly can wait to see what Week 3 brings!